Powered by Heart is a network of teachers dedicated to sharing health, wellness and yoga. Our primary work space is at The Yoga Collective at Maitri, 1011 North College, Fayetteville, AR and is a special place we teach, practice and connect with other teachers and students. You will also find us throughout Arkansas and the country!
PhD & E-RYT, founder and lead teacher
my heart loves laughing, dancing, yogaing, traveling, friends and family, especially my two daughters
evidence of my fitness to serve you includes:
- chiefly, doing the work myself from my life, in my life, for my life & for my children, for my community, for the world & as my legacy
- doctorate of philosophy in education with a focus in social science & inquiry, registered yoga instructor, igolu: level I certification, educational researcher, coach and national school reform leader
- work in my community and abroad
- Nearly 500 hours in Yoga and Fitness Education, I am an E-RYT200 (experienced and registered yoga teacher) through Yoga Alliance, A Schwinn Certified Spin Instructor.
work in my community and abroad ranges from total school transformation to yoga teacher trainings and . you can follow my blog, which follows me around the world, here: https://godsaidkeepdancing.wordpress.com/
PT, DPT, RYT
my love of new ideas, adventure, creating, possibility, visioning, yoga, friends, family, connection, and community are among several reasons I am here to share and serve
this love and growth has been fueled by many things...here are a few:
- ongoing personal development work that keeps me curious about life, humanity, myself, and how i can best integrate the principles i'm learning to be 100% authentically me as i continue to serve my community
- doctor of physical therapy to include daily clinical work primarily in neuromuscular and orthopedic rehabilitation
- awareness that i am always learning and that everything/everyone around me has something to teach me
- completion of 500-hour yoga teacher training in Winter 2016 and keeping a weekly yoga class schedule to hold space with my community for whatever comes up
come. let yourself be.
RYT in Training; SUP Instructor
Yoga became integrated into my life in 2011, following an injury. I enjoy sharing with all of my 1st time students that I walked out of my 1st yoga class, twice! It was overwhelming. I didn't understand the pose instructions & I didn't understand how everyone else in the class could follow along so elegantly. Needless to say, I returned & put forth full effort again and again. Before long, I would learn that yoga was now a necessity in life. My injury healed, my vision became more clear, my passion for happiness excelled, and mostly I observed that my body was sore if I skipped a stretch!
Presently I am living in Eureka Springs. I teach yoga to students K-12 and staff at Clear Spring School. During summer and fall seasons, I teach Standup Paddle board yoga on Beaver Lake with SUP Outfitters. Additionally, I am furthering my education in Psychology and Anatomy to better understand the deeper connection of the mind and body in movement. My yoga pipe dream is to provide students with a yoga practice that offers them rehabilitation of their injuries with hopes of evading surgery. In addition, a yoga practice can be prescribed to the student that strengthens and integrates them physically and mentally so as to prevent future injuries. We push our bodies to unimaginable lengths and through my practice and guidance I encourage you to be kind to yourself. Namaste!